The Scottish Golf Environment Group (SGEG), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Scottish Golf Union (SGU), is here to help clubs address their environmental issues. We are funded by the SGU, The R&A and Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) and further supported by many more key national golfing and environmental partners.
- We give free best practice and legislation advice on managing and creating habitats and landscape features such as coastal links, grasslands, woodlands, heathlands, wetlands and ponds.
- We give free advice on nature surveys and protecting and providing habitats for flora and fauna species, environmental training and integrated management planning.
- We also give free advice on water resource management, sustainable drainage, waste reduction and energy efficiency. We can help clubs obtain specialist audits (some free of charge)and we promote green technologies such as recycled products and renewable energy sources.
- We can assist with developing practical projects and have information on grants and sources of project funding along with advice for new developments and course extentions.
- Clubs can gain recognition for their environmental management practices through the Scottish Golf Environment Certificates scheme.
SGEG Club Environment Programme